Certified Network Defender (CND)
About the Program
Certified Network Defender (CND) is a vendor-neutral, hands-on, instructor-led comprehensive network security certification training program. It is a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE). The course has also been mapped to global job roles and responsibilities and the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system/network administrators. The course is designed and developed after extensive market research and surveys.
The program prepares network administrators on network security technologies and operations to attain Defense-in-Depth network security preparedness. It covers the protect, detect and respond approach to network security. The course contains hands-on labs, based on major network security tools and techniques which will provide network administrators real world expertise on current network security technologies and operations. The study-kit provides you with over 10 GB of network security best practices, assessments and protection tools. The kit also contains templates for various network policies and a large number of white papers for additional learning.
Who Is It For?
- Network Administrators
- Network security Administrators
- Network Security Engineer
- Network Defense Technicians
- CND Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Security Operator
- Anyone who involves in network operations
You Will Learn How To:
- Student will learn about various network security controls, protocols, and devices
- Design, implement, and monitor security policies
- Harden hosts to secure them against intrusions
- Implement and configure VNPs and wireless network technologies
- Perform risk, threat, and vulnerability assessments
- Students will able to troubleshoot their network for various network problems
- Student will able identify various threats on organization network
- Student will learn how to design and implement various security policies for their organizations
- Student will learn the importance of physical security and able to determine and implement various physical security controls for their organizations
- Student will able to harden security of various hosts individually in the organization’s network
- Student will able to choose appropriate firewall solution, topology, and configurations to harden security through firewall
- Student will able to determine appropriate location for IDS/IPS sensors, tuning IDS for false positives and false negatives, and configurations to harden security through IDPS technologies.
- Students will able to implement secure VPN implementation for their organization
- Student will able identify various threats to wireless network and learn how to mitigate them.
- Student will able to monitor and conduct signature analysis to detect various types of attacks and policy violation activities.
- Student will able to perform risk assessment, vulnerability assessment/scanning through various scanning tools and generate detailed reports on it
Why Certified Network Defender?
Organizational focus on cyber defense is more important than ever as cyber breaches have a far greater financial impact and can cause broad reputational damage.
Despite best efforts to prevent breaches, many organizations are still being compromised. Therefore organizations must have, as part of their defense mechanisms, trained network engineers who are focused on protecting, detecting, and responding to the threats on their networks.
Network administrators spends a lot of time with network environments, and are familiar with network components, traffic, performance and utilization, network topology, location of each system, security policy, etc.
So, organizations can be much better in defending themselves from vicious attacks if the IT and network administrators equipped with adequate network security skills .Thus Network administrator can play a significant role in network defense and become first line of defense for any organizations.
What are the Domains of CND?
The Ultimate Certification for Network Administrators EC-Council
Module 01 Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals
Module 02 Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
Module 03 Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices
Module 04 Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
Module 05 Physical Security
Module 06 Host Security
Module 07 Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
Module 08 Secure IDS Configuration and Management
Module 09 Secure VPN Configuration and Management
Module 10 Wireless Network Defense
Module 11 Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
Module 12 Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
Module 13 Data Backup and Recovery
Module 14 Network Incident Response and Management
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes