EC-Council Certified Incident Handler
EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) Training Overview:
This latest iteration of EC-Council’s Certified Incident Handler (E|CIH) program has been designed and developed in collaboration with cybersecurity and incident handling and response practitioners across the globe.
It is a comprehensive specialist-level program that imparts knowledge and skills that organizations need to effectively handle post breach consequences by reducing the impact of the incident, from both a financial and a reputational perspective.
The EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) program is designed to provide the fundamental skills to handle and respond to computer security incidents in an information system while preparing you to pass the ECIH exam. The course provides incident response training by addressing various underlying principles and techniques for detecting and responding to current and emerging computer security threats. After attending the course, you will be able to create incident handling and response policies and deal with various types of computer security incidents.
E|CIH is a method-driven program that uses a holistic approach to cover vast concepts concerning organizational incident handling and response from preparing and planning the incident handling response process to recovering organizational assets after a security incident. These concepts are essential for handling and responding to security incidents to protect organizations from future threats or attacks.
Who Is It For?
This course and exam are designed to meet the needs of IT professionals who wish to gain industry-wide recognition within a wide range of roles in the industry. These include incident-handler, risk administrator, penetration tester, forensic investigator, venerability assessment auditor, system administrator, system engineer, firewall administrator, network manager and IT manager.
Why Should I Enrol?
Achieving ECIH certification will impress potential employers by formalising your skillset when it comes to handling common security issues such as network security incidents, malicious code incidents and insider attack threats.
There is a strong emphasis on practical learning throughout the training, making it easy to apply the course content to the real-life scenarios you will be required to efficiently respond to in the course of your day-to-day job. This hands-on approach is further enhanced with the inclusion of EC-Council’s iLabs, with its 100% automated cloud-based cyber range.
Studying online is the ideal solution for busy IT professionals who need to fit their continuing career development around their other commitments. On signing up, you are given a full 12 months to complete the training, which includes the exam. Furthermore, the content is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android, meaning you can study at your convenience, wherever you have an internet connection.
Learning Objectives of E|CIH Program
- Understand the key issues plaguing the information security world
- Learn to combat different types of cybersecurity threats, attack vectors, threat actors and their motives
- Learn the fundamentals of incident management including the signs and costs of an incident
- Understand the fundamentals of vulnerability management, threat assessment, risk management, and incident response automation and orchestration
- Master all incident handling and response best practices, standards, cybersecurity frameworks, laws, acts, and regulations
- Decode the various steps involved in planning an incident handling and response program
- Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of computer forensics and forensic readiness
- Comprehend the importance of the first response procedure including evidence collection, packaging, transportation, storing, data acquisition, volatile and static evidence collection, and evidence analysis
- Understand anti-forensics techniques used by attackers to find cybersecurity incident cover-ups
- Apply the right techniques to different types of cybersecurity incidents in a systematic manner including malware incidents, email security incidents, network security incidents, web application security incidents, cloud security incidents, and insider threat-related incidents
No qualifications are needed to embark on the course, however it is assumed that you are already working in the field of computer security or have the necessary technical skills to do so.
Secure your future as a successful computer security professional today by signing up to Certified Incident Handler (ECIH).
- Module 01: Introduction to Incident Handling and Response
- Module 02: Incident Handling and Response Process
- Module 03: Forensic Readiness and First Response
- Module 04: Handling and Responding to Malware Incidents
- Module 05: Handling and Responding to Email Security Incidents
- Module 06: Handling and Responding to Network Security Incidents
- Module 07: Handling and Responding to Web Application Security Incidents
- Module 08: Handling and Responding to Cloud Security Incidents
- Module 09: Handling and Responding to Insider Threats
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 24 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes