Certified DevOps Professional (CDOP)
Certified DevOps Professional Course Overview
This 2-day course forms an introduction to DevOps and aims to equip delegates with a thorough and complete understanding of DevOps culture.
The DevOps term is an abbreviation of Development Operations. Its core focus is on breaking down the traditional silos and amalgamating Software Development and IT Operations, with an emphasis placed on the collaboration and communication of these two groups, within an organisation. Essentially, Software Development and IT Operations are two separate entities that co-exist. DevOps practices aim to bring these together, in order to improve communication and thus productivity.
DevOps is unique in its approach. It is not defined as a product or framework but instead concentrates on 8 key principles to form a productive culture:
- All activities and objectives must be customer oriented
- Complete autonomy and ownership of all participating team members
- Emphasis on communication between the teams, being conscious of other’s roles and responsibilities
- Cross-collaboration between the teams
- Final product must always remain the core focus at each stage, ensuring the highest quality end product
- Shorter development iterations, allowing for regular testing and continual improvement
- Issues identified and resolved rapidly ensuring quicker delivery of product
Whether adopting a DevOps culture into your organisation, being instrumental in the change, or aligning yourself with current DevOps practices in your place of work, ensure that you are equipped with the essential DevOps practices, by becoming a CDOP (Certified DevOps Professional). We also offer other DevOps courses that delegates may wish to progress on to. We offer a Certified Agile DevOps Professional (CADOP) course and a Certified DevOps Security Professional (CDOSP) course.
Who should attend this DevOps Training?
This is an introductory course aimed at those aspiring to develop their understanding of DevOps practices and principles. It is also advised for those whose organisations wish to adopt a DevOps culture, and who wish to be instrumental in leading the change.
Certified DevOps Professional Prerequisites
There are no formal prerequisites for this course. However, it is advised that prospective delegates have familiarity with IT software development and/or IT operations responsibilities.
Certified DevOps Professional Course Outline
The Certified DevOps Professional course structure is divided across two days and is instructor-led and highly interactive. The following outlines the daily course structure.
DevOps Training Day 1:
- An introduction to DevOps
- DevOps terminology, objectives, and principles
- DevOps culture and its business benefits
- Key DevOps practices (pipelines, tool chains, feedback loops, communicative skills)
- Adopting DevOps practices successfully
- Scaling DevOps
DevOps Training Day 2:
- Review of previous day
- How DevOps works with popular methodologies and frameworks (such as Agile, Lean, etc.)
- Integration of DevOps into the current workplace environment
- Considerations to be aware of when introducing DevOps to the current environment
- Case studies and real-life examples
- Certified DevOps Professional Exam
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes