ITIL® 4 Foundation
This course provides IT leaders, practitioners, support staff and staff interfacing with the organization’s digital and information systems functions with a practical understanding of the key concepts, common language, principles and practices that enables successful management of modern IT-enabled services. It also prepares delegates for the ITIL Foundation Certificate Examination. The course is based on the ITIL 4 best practice service value system featured in the latest 2019 guidelines.
Classroom students will take the ITIL 4 Foundation certification exam in class on the last day.
What’s our secret to exam success? We’re so confident that our ITIL Experts can get you fully prepared for certification, we’ll refund your money if you don’t pass the exam.
The course will help students to understand:
- Key IT service management concepts
- How ITIL guiding principles can help and organization to adopt and adapt service management
- The 4 dimensions of service management
- The purpose and components of the service value system
- The activities of the service value chain and how the interconnect
- Know the purpose of key ITIL practices
- Preparation to sit the ITIL4 foundation examination
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT-related work experience are recommended.
Anyone seeking ITIL Foundation certification and everyone interested in aligning IT with business, controlling or reducing IT costs, improving IT service quality, and balancing IT resources in the most effective manner. All IT professionals, IT project managers, IT managers, IT project or team members, coordinators, network operators, business process analysts, IT architects, consultants, systems integrators, help desk managers and staff, planners, managed service providers, outsourcers, application developers, and other IT-related positions.
Classroom Live Outline
- IT Service Management definitions; Service, Utility, Warranty, Customer, User, Service management, Sponsor
- Key concepts of value creation
- Key concepts of service relationships; service offering; service provision; service consumption; service relationship management
- The nature, use and interaction of 7 ITIL guiding principles; Focus on value; Start where you are; Progress iteratively with feedback; Collaborate and promote visibility; Think and work holistically; Keep it simple and practical; Optimize and automate
- The 4 dimensions of service management; Organizations and people; Information and technology; Partners and suppliers; Value streams and processes
- The ITIL service value system
- The service value chain, its inputs and outputs, and its role in supporting value streams
- Service value chain elements; Plan, Improve, Engage, Design & transition, Obtain / Build, Deliver & support
- Detail of how the following ITIL practices support the service value chain:
- Continual Improvement (including continual improvement model)
- Change control
- Incident management
- Problem Management
- Service request management
- Service desk
- Service level management
- The purpose of the following ITIL practices
- Information security management
- Relationship management
- Supplier management
- Availability management
- Capacity and performance management
- Service configuration management
- IT asset management
- Business analysis
- Service continuity management
- Deployment management
- Monitoring and event management
- Release management
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes