PRINCE2 2017 Foundation Certification – Project Management
PRINCE2® Foundation Training Course Overview
This 3-day introductory PRINCE2® Foundation course is designed to give candidates a comprehensive overview of the PRINCE2® methodology, whilst ensuring that they are fully equipped to pass the examination.
This course delineates the fundamental constituents of the PRINCE2® methodology – including the processes, themes, and principles, that underpin proficient project management. Whilst learning how to increase productivity and functionality of a project, this popular PRINCE2® training course will help candidates appreciate that a project must remain worthwhile and of business value throughout its lifecycle, in order to be deemed a success.
As the most popular project management methodology in the UK, PRINCE2® is an established process-driven methodology that appears commonly across a variety of industries. Hence, this PRINCE2® Foundation course promotes an appreciation for project risk, contingency plans, business justifications, and of how to optimise individual project contributions – enhancing a candidate’s project management skill and qualification repertoire.
The recent proliferation of PRINCE2® within the profession of project management has meant that such associated certifications are much sought-after and are central to the determination of a project’s success, failure, or demise. Hence, undertaking this PRINCE2® Foundation course can elevate a candidate’s career opportunities, through demonstrating that they can effectively contribute to a PRINCE2® project team.
- PRINCE2® Foundation:
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2® meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2® themes
- Understand the PRINCE2® process model
- Prepare project plans using product based planning techniques and undertake risk analysis and management for the project
- Prepare information for inclusion in a Project Initiation Documentation
- Understand techniques for the management of product development, quality control & change control
- Take the PRINCE2® Foundation examination paper.
There is no formal requirement for attending this course, although it would be beneficial to have some understanding of project management.
Participants will be given access to a PRINCE2® pre-course video module two weeks prior to the start of the class (subject to booking conditions).
It is important that participants complete the pre-course work prior to attending as the content covers items essential to the successful running of the program. It will also enhance the learning experience for all participants.
- Those considering adopting PRINCE2®
- Project managers
- Project team managers and leaders
- Project coordinators
- Project support staff
- Project officers
- PMO staff
- Consultants and contractors
- Module 1: Structural Overview
- Module 2: Prince2 Overview
- Module 3: Principles
- Module 4: Process Walkthrough
- Module 5: Organization
- Module 6: Starting Up A Project
- Module 7: Business Case
- Module 8: Initiating A Project
- Module 9: Directing A Project
- Module 10: Progress
- Module 11: Plans
- Module 12: Quality
- Module 13: Risk
- Module 14: Change
- Module 15: Controlling A Stage
- Module 16: Managing Product Delivery
- Module 17: Managing A Stage Boundary
- Module 18: Closing A Project
- Module 19: Exam Preparation
This course is fully PeopleCert-accredited and includes the official PRINCE2® exam.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 24 Hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes