PRINCE2 2017 Practitioner Certification – Project Management
PRINCE2® Practitioner Training Course Overview
This 2-day PRINCE2® Practitioner course elevates a candidate’s applicable knowledge – enabling them to tailor the PRINCE2® methodology to any given project scenario.
Given the versatility of the PRINCE2® methodology, the various applications are extensive, in terms of project size, complexity, or industry. Hence, this PRINCE2® Practitioner course enables candidates to efficaciously lead projects regardless of scenario or project environment. Specifically, candidates will be taught how to tailor the methodology, whilst adhering to the founding principles, themes, and processes.
Additionally, this highly engaging and proactive course delineates how to manage a project over its entire lifecycle – through learning skills such as recording baselines, justifying the business case, being considerate of risks, and creating progress reports. The multifaceted nature expected of a PRINCE2® Project Manager role requires individuals to be adaptive, organised, and proficient; consequently, this course will help candidates to practice and develop these qualities, in order to become an astute project manager.
Upon the completion of this lauded PRINCE2® certification, candidates will be able to apply their knowledge of the best practice project management methodology from day one, with suitable guidance – addressing the needs of specific projects and ameliorating operational functionality.
Included within our PRINCE2® Practitioner Training Course is a detailed workbook for candidates to complete, which will enhance their knowledge acquisition and ability to apply PRINCE2® to their organisation. This additional PRINCE2® training material will improve a candidate’s chances of passing the examination and having a successful PRINCE2® career. This self-study workbook will take the candidate approximately 10 hours to complete and will walk them through a full PRINCE2® project.
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2® meets that requirement in the life cycle of a project
- Understand the PRINCE2® process model and apply PRINCE2® processes
- Design a robust and appropriate project organization
- Apply appropriate controls at different levels and at different points
- Take the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination paper
PRINCE2® Foundation certification OR one of the following PMI or IPMA certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
- Those considering adopting PRINCE2®
- Project managers
- Project team managers and leaders
- Project coordinators
- Project support staff
- Project officers
- PMO staff
- Consultants and contractors
WHY IMPLEMENT PRINCE2® IN YOUR ORGANIZATION?
PRINCE2® Is The International Standard Method for Project Management. It is recognised as a world-class international product, and is the standard method for project management, not least because it embodies many years of best practice in project management and provides a flexible and adaptable approach to suit all projects. It is a project management method designed to provide a framework covering the wide variety of disciplines and activities required within a project. PRINCE2®’s formal recognition of responsibilities within a project, together with its focus on what a project is to deliver (the why, when and for whom) provides your organization’s projects
• A common, consistent approach
• A controlled and organized start, middle and end
• Regular reviews of progress against plan and against the Business case flexible decision points
• Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
• Flexible decision points
• Management control of any deviations from the plan
• The involvement of management and stakeholders at the right time and place during the project
• Good communication channels between the project, project management, and the rest of the organization
• A means of capturing and sharing lessons learned
• A route to increasing the project management skills and competences of the organization’s staff at all levels.
- MODULE 1 : COURSE INTRODUCTION
- MODULE 2 : PROCESS WALKTHROUGH
- MODULE 3 : PRINCIPLES
- MODULE 4 : ORGANISATION
- MODULE 5 : STARTING UP A PROJECT
- MODULE 6 : BUSINESS CASE
- MODULE 7 : INITIATING A PROJECT
- MODULE 8 : DIRECTING A PROJECT
- MODULE 9 : PROGRESS
- MODULE 10 : PLANS
- MODULE 11 : QUALITY
- MODULE 12 : RISKS
- MODULE 13 : CHANGE
- MODULE 14 : CONTROLLING A STAGE
- MODULE 15 : MANAGING PRODUCT DELIVERY
- MODULE 16 : MANAGING A STAGE BOUNDARY
- MODULE 17 : CLOSING A PROJECT
- MODULE 18 : EXAM PREPARATION
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes