We provide consulting services to implement and comply with two well-known IT Service Management implementation platforms – ITIL and ISO 20000.
The IT Infrastructure Library is a framework of best practices approaches which elaborates on the disciplines for IT Service Management. It covers important best practices in the areas of Service Delivery, Service Support, ICT Infrastructure Management, Security Management, Business Perspective, Application Management, Software Asset Management, Implementing Service Management, ITIL Small-scale operation.
The international standard for IT Service Management which supersedes the British standard, BS 15000. It covers different domains such as Service Delivery Processes and Control processes which include Release, Resolution, and Relationship Management. It also specifies distinct management requirements and the maintenance of Service Management Policies and Plans, Service Level Agreements, and relevant records.
This standard was drafted in line with the ITIL framework and is equivalent to one of its components.
IT Service Management System (ITSMS) is defined as a process-based practice intended to align the delivery of information technology (IT) services with needs of the business, which emphasizes benefits to customers. While the process at its core concerns technology, this focus on the client is key.
The standard describes a set of management processes designed to help organizations deliver more effective IT services. ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 gives you the methodology and the framework to help organizations manage ITSM.
- Gives access to key markets as it is accepted by a majority of countries worldwide.
- Provides methodology and the framework to help you manage your ITSM.
- Gain a competitive advantage through increased efficiency and effectiveness due to more reliable IT services.
- Provides assurance to clients that their service requirements will be fulfilled through efficient IT systems.
Benefits of Implementing IT Service Management
Some of the benefits of implementing the ISO 20000 standard are as follows:
- Provides the organization a platform to organize current IT services into a formal framework
- Provides assurance to stakeholders and more importantly clients for the management of IT services
- Helps align and integrate the IT Services with the overall business strategy
- Brings your organization to compliance with legal, regulatory, and statutory requirements – attain ISO 20000 certification;compliance with internationally recognized ITIL framework
- Market differentiation due to positive influence on company prestige
- Increases vendor status of your organization
- Increase in overall organizational efficiency and operational performance
- Minimizes internal and external risks to service continuity
- Provides a process for Information Technology Governance
Bdtask Corporate follows a five step approach to implement IT Service Management for an organization. The phases are outlined below.
- Phase 1 : Scope of IT Service and Goal Setting
This phase finalizes the objectives of the IT department in line with the business objectives and client requirements.
- Phase 2 : Data Acquisition and Assessment
In this phase all the information pertaining to the existing policies, procedures, and processes is gathered. For example, procedures and management of Help Desk Flow, Capacity Planning and Delivery Model, Help Desk and Procurement functions, etc. are collated. It also includes reviewing all the collated information in the previous phase and identifying the gaps between the requirements and current scenario. All the processes, procedures and practices are assessed against ISO 20000 or ITIL as per the scope of implementation.
- Phase 3 : Plan and Process Design
In this phase, all the gaps found in the assessment phase are prioritized. In addition, the service management plan is developed in alignment with the business objectives and the gaps identified int the assessment phase. All the processes, procedures, and policies are articulated and measurement metrics are finalized.
- Phase 4 : Implementation: Service provision and management
The implementation plan is drawn for the client such that a prioritized set of activities and tasks are enumerated to ensure all the devised plans and processes function effectively as per the requirements of the standard/framework with minimal disruption to current IT related activities.
- Phase 5 : Internal Audit
A check of the implementation is carried out to ensure the smooth functioning and incorporation of policies, plans and processes. The awareness and education levels of the team are also sampled along with records maintenance activities and authorizations.