ISO/IEC 27001 – Information Security Management System
The most important asset of any company around the world would be its data. The stakeholders expect and demand for the confidentiality, availability of the data; it would be an absolute disaster if any sensitive information was hacked or stolen. Information security is even more vital for the internet of things era. ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is a Information security standard dealing with the information security for an organization.
Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) is a systematic and structured approach to securely handle company’s sensitive information. ISO/IEC 27001:2013 provide requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system.
Understanding the most important assets of your company is a must. You must be able to evaluate the assets you need to protect and those that need to be considered critical. There are many companies that have taken the risk of not protecting their valuable information and have paid for it. Companies in the past that have been brought down to their knees because they have not taken the right measures to secure their information. Having your data and information protected is vital for your company and this is where an ISO 27001 Certification comes in.
So what is information security management system and how does it help your organization? It is a quality standard that explains the different requirements to implement an information security management system. This is to make sure there are security parameters in place to protect the most vital data of any organization.
When you have such a standard implemented, you can be rest assured that your data will be protected from any possible security threat. There would be different processes and procedures that are implemented in your organization that would help your employees understand how data must be protected. These changes in the system and the certification too would give a lot of confidence to employees, clients and possible customers.
At BDTASK CORPORATE, we understand that such standards must be added not only in large MNCs but also in startup companies. After all it is a quality standard that will only help the company improve. We encourage more companies to look at such quality standards to improve the levels of efficiency in the company. With an information security management system, there is no doubt that the company will progress through the industry ranks. Such a certification is a must in many companies in India that handle vital data of their foreign clients.
ISO 27001 certification looks intently at the totality of an organization’s information assets and then steps through a process which gauges risks related to these assets. Participants in the process look at the likelihood of an attack or failure, the impact that such an attack or failure would have on the organization and the effectiveness of controls intended to protect the assets. It Increased Reliability and Security of the Systems.
• Increase in business as customers / suppliers recognize a credible trusted partner
• Independently demonstrates that applicable laws and regulations are observed
• Business differentiator providing competitive advantage over similar organizations
• Compliance with Legislation
• Improved Management Control
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is the only auditable International standard that defines the requirements of information security
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification helps businesses expand in global markets. It demonstrates credibility when tendering for contracts.
- Protect and enhance organization’s reputation by avoiding costly penalties and financial losses due to data / information breach
- ISMS improves company culture on understanding the infosec risks and integrating the security controls into the organizational processes and thus, lowering the overall risk to the organization.
- Application for certification from client
- Submission of offer by BDTASK CORPORATE
- Acceptance of offer by client and confirmation of agreement by both client organization and BDTASK CORPORATE.
- Conduct of Initial Certification audit – (Stage 1 + Stage 2) / Re-Certification audit.
- Issuance of the “Certificate of approval” on successful completion of the initial / Re-certification audit process.
- Validity of “Certificate of approval” is for three years from the date of decision, subject to conduct of annual surveillance audits.
- Recertification audit process to be completed before the expiry of “Certificate of approval”.